8 Wentworth Chambers was established in 1957. It is a traditional half floor comprising of 5 Senior Counsel and 20 Junior Counsel.
Members practise in the following areas: Appellate, Commercial Law, Equity/Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Common Law, Public/Administrative Law, Corporations, Contracts, Real Property, Wills and Probate, Insolvency, Building and Construction, Professional Negligence/Standards, Insurance, Work Health & Safety, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Inquests/Inquiries.
Details of each member’s specific areas of expertise are set out in the Barristers section of this website.
Our Clerk is available to assist anyone wishing to enquire about the availability of members.
Members of 8 Wentworth Chambers appointed to Judicial Office include the following:
Currently Sitting Judges:
- Justice Desmond J Fagan
- Justice Geoffrey Lindsay
- Justice Julia Lonergan; and
- Judge John Hatzistergos
- The Honourable Justice Gordon Samuels AO QC Judge of the New South Wales Court of Appeal (Governor of NSW)
- The Honourable Justice Norman Jenkyn (Supreme Court Justice)
- Mr Justice Peter Wolstenholme Young AO QC (Chief Judge in Equity)
- His Honour Judge BHK Donovan QC (District Court Judge)
- His Honour Judge Paul Flannery QC (District Court Judge)
- His Honour Judge Christopher James Geraghty (District Court Judge)
- His Honour Judge Peter Evan Coleman QC (District Court Judge)
- The Honourable Justice LDS Waddy QC
- The Honourable Justice Brian Tamberlin